Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

QSys Linux Support

LFrie2
Beginner

When will the Linux version of Quartus support QSys? Building a design containing both HPS and FPGA elements for the SoC parts (e.g. Cyclone V SoC) is a real pain without the automation of the tedious instantiation and parameter setting QSys provides but I really don't want to go get a windows box in an otherwise 100% Linux environment (and encur the maintenance and security hassles that windows brings) just to get QSys...​

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What Linux are you using? Platform Designer (previously called Qsys) is available on all supported OS's:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/quartus-prime/download.html

Not having Platform Designer is not only tedious, but the tool is required for HPS hardware design.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
RRomano001
New Contributor I

Hi LFrie2, I am using Linux and QSYS is supported, has a lot of bug, some never addressed from long time, issue .. but it is there. On windows is not so different.

Are you asking for support of bug or tool? I started using QSYS from release 15.0, I am using Linux mint and work as in other distribution.

Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
Do you mean you want to do everything in script? Which means no gui is being used for the qsys? If yes, we will look into this to see tis possible for the future release of qsys. Also, are you still using Q15.0? or you have used Q18.1.1/Q19.1? as there are quite some bugs had been fix in latest release.
0 Kudos
RRomano001
New Contributor I

Hi Kenny, about original question we got no feedback from original poster.

About me I am still using release 15.0 and 18.1 lite. Release 19.x lite seems not released till now.

About Linux Qsys issue I opened some thread on it, the most annoying is the PLL editing. I have to open an isolated win sandbox just to edit PLL setting if not from my standard templates or just edit script by hand.

Best regards

Roberto

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

what you can do is export the file to tcl for the first time.

You can open the qsys -> files -> export system as platform designer (.tcl)

This way you can modify the tcl files without opening the gui.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
is there any update?
0 Kudos