Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16644 Discussions

Quartus 13SP1 web license download fails

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm running QuartusII 13SP1 for the CycloneII in Windows 8.1 (with a 4k screen). 

When I start Quartus I get an option box to get a license file. I select "Connect to the Altera License Center" and a browser opens with 404-Page not found and in the url "https://www.altera.com/common/sitemap404.tablet.highResolutionDisplay.html". It is being redirected from "https://mysupport.altera.com/quartus/license.asp". 

I have tried to set the resolution to HD but that doesn't change anything. 

Am I choosing the wrong option or... 

Probably a side effect of this is that the device information I have downloaded and installed with the Device Installer, is not showing in the software... 

Thanx very much. 

Marc
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

this is obviously a job for my Altera support...!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I though I'd go to the forum to see if this was a common known problem... ;-)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just a side question, I am wondering if QII 13.1sp1 support Win 8.1? Most probably not.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

this is obviously a job for my Altera support...!!! 

--- Quote End ---  

That assumes of course that the IP is raising a question on behalf of a Company, unless they are, then "My Support" is an ornament - it won't help you if you are not either a registered company or a student with an academic e-mail address. Then the only option is the forums
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I recall that the win 8.1 only applied to quartus 14.0 onward... so maybe you can consider to upgrade your quartus version first. and try again

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

That assumes of course that the IP is raising a question on behalf of a Company, unless they are, then "My Support" is an ornament - it won't help you if you are not either a registered company or a student with an academic e-mail address. Then the only option is the forums 

--- Quote End ---  

Agree. MySupport will first validate a valid company email before they will proceed for support.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can go to Altera download center and check for the OS support for different QII version or check the release note.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The latest quartus version that support cyclone II is 13.0sp1. Seems the only option is to switch to older win version.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I am a hobbyist and do not have a company/university reference. And that is exactly the reaction I got from Altera support - we will not help you unless... 

The Release Notes for 13SP1 do mention Windows 8 (for some sort of guard driver?) - otherwise I cannot find an explicit statement with what windows version the software was tested... (help) 

I cannot switch to an older windows version (too many other things depend on it and I don't have a spare laptop). 

I think I will switch to the newest Quartus and see what devices are supported and select one of those. That does mean my Cyclone II dev-board will be useless...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I guess is it time to change for a new Apple Iphone 6 (Cyclone IV) instead of still using Motorola V8088 (CYCLONE II).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe cost is a major concern in all the projects.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you have to go for newer one, unless you remained to stick on those feature and application you already felt sufficient, otherwise, you won't get any new example from Altera already for older parts

0 Kudos