Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Quartus 17.1.0 crashed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have seen this error when I open a project. Can you guys let me know where I can ask this problem? 

Problem Details 

Error: 

Internal Error: Sub-system: THR, File: /quartus/ccl/thr/thr_interprocess_mutex.cpp, Line: 122 

err == EACCES || err == EAGAIN 

Stack Trace: 

0x5db7: thr_internal_error + 0x1e (ccl_thr) 

0x9d09: thr_ip_mutex_lock_helper(THR_IP_MUTEX_STRUCT*, bool) + 0x81 (ccl_thr) 

0x9d5c: thr_ip_mutex_lock + 0xe (ccl_thr) 

0xa4f5: thr_ip_rw_sem_write_try_lock + 0x49 (ccl_thr) 

0x11fa4: PROJ_PROJECT::PROJ_PROJECT(std::string const&, std::string const&, bool, std::string const&) + 0x5ea (sys_proj) 

0x127a3: PROJ_PROJECT::open(std::string const&, std::string const&, bool, std::string const&) + 0x367 (sys_proj) 

0x131ff: proj_dyn_impl_open_project + 0xc (sys_proj) 

0xbe192: QUI_PRJ_UI_MGR::open_project(std::string const&, std::string const&, std::string const&) + 0x810 (sys_qui) 

0xbc4fb: QUI_PRJ_UI_MGR::open_project_action() + 0xabb (sys_qui) 

0xa80e: SSCQ_JS_BRIDGE::open_project_action() + 0x40 (sys_sscq) 

0xad3b: SSCQ_JS_BRIDGE::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) + 0xbf (sys_sscq) 

0xaffa: SSCQ_JS_BRIDGE::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) + 0x5a (sys_sscq) 

End-trace 

Executable: quartus 

Comment: 

None 

System Information 

Platform: linux64 

OS name: Ubuntu 16.04 

OS version: 16 

Quartus Prime Information 

Address bits: 64 

Version: 17.1.0 

Build: 240 

Edition: Pro Edition
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Are you trying to open project which is created in a different version of Quartus(example if the project is created in sdt version and trying to open in pro version)? 

Try to open the project with an appropriate auto upgrade.(if all the IP are supported in the Quartus version, Project will be opened without and any error) 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your comment. Actually, I used the same Quartus tool (version 17.1.0) but generated bitfile in a different OS.  

1) Generated a project file and a rbf file on Linux 3.0.101-84-default SMP 

2) Opened the project generated in 1) on Linux 4.4.0-116-generic Ubuntu SMP and got the error message. 

When I opened the project file in Quartus on Windows 8 it was fine. 

I will try to generate the project file on the Ubuntu machine and look at if it has the same issue. 

Thanks, 

Yoon 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

Are you trying to open project which is created in a different version of Quartus(example if the project is created in sdt version and trying to open in pro version)? 

Try to open the project with an appropriate auto upgrade.(if all the IP are supported in the Quartus version, Project will be opened without and any error) 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation) 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos