Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Quartus 18 not starting jtagd with tty causes failure

On Ubuntu 16, I can start jtagd on the command line and quartus 18 can use usb blaster, but when quartus starts jtagd itself, it can't communicate with usb blaster. When I ps -ef | grep jtagd, the only difference is the working case has a tty, and the failing case has "?" for the tty. Both have the same owner. The only difference on the command line is when manually started I added --foreground --debug. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi MJone16,

Can you provide some steps and screen shots to explain the failure that you are seeing? I'm not sure if I understand on what you are trying to do here. Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

1) Open Quartus 18 on Ubuntu 16

2) Open a design

3) Open programming tool

4) Select USB Blaster

5) Hit program button

6) It will eventually timeout after a long time

7) Close the tools

8) killall -9 jtagd

9) Start jtagd manually

10) Back to step one

11) At step 5 it will work

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi MJone6,

Apologize for the delay response. I needed time to find a machine that I can install Ubuntu 16 as all the machines here Windows OS. So, I managed to installed Ubuntu 16, then Quartus Lite v18.0 tools and the USB Blaster driver. After the installation I restart the machine.

1) Open Quartus 18 on Ubuntu 16

2) Create a new project design --> Compile to generate a .sof file

3) Open Programming tool

4) Select USB Blaster

5) Perform auto-detect --> Successfully detect MAX 10 device on the dev kit

6) Add .sof file into the programmer

7) Click start --> Programming start until progress bar show 100% success

I'm not able replicate the issue that you are seeing. Can you provide some screen shot showing the issue?

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nooraini, Selecting the “Dual Compressed Image”s does not add this line to the qsf file: set_global_assignment -name ENABLE_NCONFIG_FROM_CORE ON And the default version of the assignment is OFF. Therefore, signaling a reconfig using the IP fails. The solution of manually editing the qsf with a text editor is non-obvious and undocumented. See image below. Mike [cid:image001.png@01D46153.A83DA8A0]
0 Kudos