Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus 19.2 "SignalTap Fail", which shows “Program the device to continue, instance not found” ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have an Arria10 Project which is copied from my college's.  In his Quartus 19.2(PC @Win10) , SignalTap can succeed to connect to A10 board actively.

But in my Quartus 19.2 (same version as his), SignalTap always fails. It shows below ERROR in red,

"Program the device to continue", and Status Bar shows "  instance not found" !!!

WHY this error occur in my laptop quartus? and how to overcome it ?  I just need to use sigtap to debug some FPGA problem.

Thnaks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JET60200
New Contributor I

BTY:  I can use "Programmer to burn image into A10 board", so JTAG work fine on my laptop quartus.

FYI~

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

As the error states, you have to program the device first, but are you saying that you've successfully programmed the device (using the same .sof file from your colleague) and you're still getting the error?

If that's the case, try closing and reopening the .stp file after device programming, or try using the JTAG configuration section of the .stp file to program the device instead of the Quartus Programmer.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos