Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Quartus 19.3 Output Directory Contents and Location

Jeremy_S
Beginner

Hi,

Where can the output directory be found? According to the Quartus help it says it is relative to the qsys file path. I looked everywhere near that directory with no luck.

Will the output directory have logs of FPGAs that have been programmed manually using the tool?

Thank you,

Jeremy Smith

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The Programmer generates messages in the Messages window but doesn't generate any files.  I guess you could copy/paste or export the messages.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

By default, there's an output_files directory in your project directory.  You can change this in Assignments -> Settings -> Compilation Process Settings.

If you're talking about files generated by Platform Designer, in Standard/Lite, you can select the directory when you generate, but it defaults a directory with the same name as the .qsys file where the .qsys file is located.  In Pro, it's always in the project directory with the same name as the system.

0 Kudos
Jeremy_S
Beginner

It's Pro. What if there is no project directory and the FPGAs were simply programmed with the Programmer tool? Are there any logs that can be retrieved in that case?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You're looking for a log of programming a device with an existing programming file (.sof, .pof, etc.)?  I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Jeremy_S
Beginner

Yeah, essentially. We configured and programmed a bunch of FPGAs with existing .sof and .jic files. I am looking for some logs to upload for record keeping purposes.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The Programmer generates messages in the Messages window but doesn't generate any files.  I guess you could copy/paste or export the messages.

0 Kudos
Jeremy_S
Beginner

Okay thank you for the information!

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi, did the above comment help?

0 Kudos
Jeremy_S
Beginner
0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Thanks for the update. I shall put this case to close pending. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

0 Kudos