Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Quartus 20.1.1 SE crash

PSO
Novice

Hi,

After installing Quartus SE 20.1.1 with CYCLONE V library and compiling small designs in the graphical interface or in command line, the program always crashes during the Analysis phase and displays the following message   

Internal Error: Sub-system: DEV, File: /quartus/ddb/dev/dev_pkg_info.cpp, Line: 358
key not defined in data file : INT_PAD_COUNT

Stack trace : 0x40f6d: DEV_PAD_INFO:: get_number_of_pads + 0x3024d (DDB_DEV)

0x293512:: CUT_RPT_UTILITY::get_user_hssi_channels_available+0xbe(db_cnt)

END TRACE:

Executable : quartus_map

Comment : None

System Information

Platform : Windows 64

OS Name : Windows 10

OS. Version : 10.0.14393

Quartus Prime Information

Address bits: 64

Version: 20.1.1

Build 720

Edition: Standard Edition

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Have you also download and install the Complete Download:

Quartus-20.1.1.720-windows-complete.tar file as indicated in the download center? 

Do you have the same issue with the previous Quartus version?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Have you try to reinstall the Quartus Standard Edition 20.1.1 and check if the issue persist? 

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1.1/?edition=standard&platform=windows

Is this internal error occur with specific design? If so, please help to share the design for us to duplicate the error for further investigation. 

0 Kudos
PSO
Novice

I have reinstalled Quartus but the error message is identical.

I have tried simple designs like UART, "A <= C XOR B" and Intel IP (an FFT, to check it was not an license issue). The message always occurs.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Does this error occur with other PC/machine? 

It will be difficult to find the root cause without being able to duplicate the error. Our engineering team will need a test case to investigate.  

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Have you also download and install the Complete Download:

Quartus-20.1.1.720-windows-complete.tar file as indicated in the download center? 

Do you have the same issue with the previous Quartus version?

RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
PSO
Novice

Hi,

I have many difficulties to download the full package due to internal security company policies (the full package download is always interrupted after 10 Go). So I transferred this request to my network administrator. In addition, I asked him to download Quartus SE version 20.1 and version 19.1 (full packages) in case the error message error still appears with full version 20.1.1. This is ongoing.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Sure, let me reopen the case for another week. Let me know if more time is needed after 1 week later. 

0 Kudos
PSO
Novice

Installing the full package solved my problem !

Thanks for your support

PSO

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Great to hear that!   

Since the issue has been solved, please allow me to transition this thread to community support. As always, if you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos