Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Quartus 20.1.1 and 21.1.1 don't show arria10 and max10 devices

RVanD5
Beginner

Dear mr./mrs.,

I have downloaded and installed Quartus 20.1.1 (also 21.1.1) and the MAX10 and Arria10 package. When creating a new project I can't find any of the devices in both device families. This doesn't work for other device packages as well. Does this have to do with my license? As both packages still worked at Quartus 19.1.1.

I hope you can help me,

with regards,

Rob van der Meer
License Activation Code/Serial No:LGHH72ESRGQNWM

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jozephka99
New Contributor II

Make sure you installed the correct versions of device packages. Packages for Quartus 19.1.1 may not work on newer versions of Quartus.

0 Kudos
RVanD5
Beginner

It was already like this when I installed 20.1.1. with the right packages, first.

Then, I installed 19.1.0. and the devices are shown in the device tree.

20.1.1. is installed with:

QuartusSetup-20.1.1.720-linux.run

and package: max10-20.1.1.720.qdz

19.1.0 is installed with

QuartusSetup-19.1.0.670-linux.run

and package max10-19.1.0.670.qdz

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Being able to use a device in Quartus is not license-dependent.  I'm presuming you are saying that you are going through the New Project Wizard and on the device selection page, you do not see the device family (or families) that you think you installed.

I'd recommend either a full uninstall and reinstall or use the device installer to reinstall the .qdz.  I've never done this in Linux (only Windows) so I don't know how this works, but there must be a device installer that allows you to add (or reinstall) device families.

As mentioned, you must use the correct version .qdz with the matching version of Quartus, which does seem to be the case for you.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may checkout Section 3.9 Adding Device Support and Other Intel FPGA Software to Existing Installation

Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos