Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus 20.1 Linux modelsim (ase) install broken

PS
Beginner

Has anyone managed to run the license-free version of modelsim that is installed with the 20.1 standard edition on a Linux distribution? My progreess so far:

1) the permissions of modelsim_ase/vco and in modesim_ase/linuxaolm must be fixed

2) modelsim_ase/vco must be edited to search the binaries in linuxaloem, not in linux_x86_64

1)+2) are well-known fixes from VHDL whiz

But then vsim fails because it cannot find a modelsim_ase/linuxaloem/../tcl/tcl8.6/init.tcl.  - the tcl directory is obviously missing in 20.1. IMHO this is a broken install , because I have a running 19.1 installation and there modesim_ase has a tcl directory - unfortunately tcl8.5 instaead of tcl8.6

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PS
Beginner

Hello Shyan,

It was another permissions problem after all. The file tcl.fs  (a cache of pre-compiled scripts of some sorts?) et al. must be readable by the users.

Best Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I would suggest to download and re-install the ModelSim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition.
https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1/?edition=standard&platform=linux

Please double check that the ModelSim - Intel FPGA Edition Software Requirements are met before installation. Please refer to the Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf#page=8

Do let us know if the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
PS
Beginner

Hello Shyan,

It was another permissions problem after all. The file tcl.fs  (a cache of pre-compiled scripts of some sorts?) et al. must be readable by the users.

Best Regards, Peter

0 Kudos