Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus 20.1 evaluation newproject wizard help

SHITANSH
Employee

I am have installed Quartus STD 20.1 version, & continued using Evaluation.

While creating new project wizard for Cyclone5 5CSEBA6U23I7, after click on finish, software not responding. I have seen same issue in Quartus lite 20.1 & 19 version as well.

Question is : Do I am missing something after installation?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS

Hi Shintansh,

The issue is probably because you are saving you project files in Quartus installation path. By defaults the project location to C:\intelFPGA_lite\20.1 which is read-only. It should default to e.g. the Documents directory or require you to enter a path. In the new project wizard try to change to any new directory you want and create new project, it should be okay.

Cheers,

Syafieq

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Shintash,

Make sure you meet all the basic system and requirement for Cyclone V. Please refer to link below for details

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/requirements/20.1/

Following are general methods what you should do:

1. Make sure your OS is up to date 

2. Kill any heavy background running while using Quartus

4. Reinstall Quartus and relaunch 

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Shintansh,

The issue is probably because you are saving you project files in Quartus installation path. By defaults the project location to C:\intelFPGA_lite\20.1 which is read-only. It should default to e.g. the Documents directory or require you to enter a path. In the new project wizard try to change to any new directory you want and create new project, it should be okay.

Cheers,

Syafieq