Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Quartus 21.1 devices troubles

MartinE
Beginner

Hi, I installed the 21.1, the last version that support MAX V devices.
When I make a new project I can't select the devices, it not appear any device. Then I try install the MAX V devices and I get the message of image 3 because the devices are installed but I can't use any device.

If anyone knows what I could do, I would appreciate your help.

Regards

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Something's messed up in your installation.  I'd just uninstall, make sure you have the correct .qdz file, and then reinstall.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

Does above comment help?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi Nurina and sstrell, I uninstall the complete version and try to install. This time I only install the program and install the qdz with the  device installer, the result is the same, I can use the quartus but I can't select any FPGA/CPLD.

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Bad installer perhaps?  Try re-downloading.  Not sure what else could be the problem.  Try on a different computer?

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Did you set up your license? Which OS are you using?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi Nurina, I'm ussing windows 10 Pro version 22H2. I select the  Connect to the Intel Self-Service Licensing Center in the Quartus init.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Are you meeting the minimum requirements:

Minimum Disk Space for Intel® FPGA Software

- Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Design Software (20 GB)

- Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition Design Software (15 GB)

- Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition Design Software (14 GB)

- Intel® FPGA Programming Software (3.3 GB)

- Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ (3 GB)

- Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (8 GB)

- Intel® Advanced Link Analyzer (5 GB)

If yes, maybe try Quartus 20.1std?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

I installed the Quartus 20.1. With Quartus 20.1 te devices are listed.

So do you have any idea what might be happening with 21? Or should I use 20?

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Martin,

Usually this is caused by licensing issue. Would you like for me to look into it or you're fine with using 20.1std?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Any updates?

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi Nurina, 

I don't know about if there are several differences between 20.1 and 21 quartus or not.
I think is better to get a solution in the problem for prevent throubles in future.

But I think you have more experience with quartus software and I think the best solution is whatever you think is best.

Then, what do you recommend?

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi Nurina, 

knowing that is a licence problem I regenerate and reinstalled the licence and it works.

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Martin,

I’m glad that your problem has been solved, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘ https://supporttickets.intel.com ’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to rank your support experience by rating 4/5 survey. Please let me know of any inconvenience so that I may improve your future service experience.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nurina W.

0 Kudos