Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Quartus 22 Max V cpld development boar

MartinE
Beginner

Hi I have the MAX V development board. I would try to use for design and tests. I install the Quartus 22 but when I made a new project the development board is not eligible. Then I search for the design kit and I found the version 11, then I sear for the Quartus 11 but I only found the quartus 13 (Quartus-web-13.1.0.162-windows). The quartus 13 installer doesn't run in windows 10.
Do you know the way to use the develompent board for max V?
Regards
Martin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Well, I have 13.0sp1 QuartusII Web installed on my Win10pro64b system (now at 22H2) for quite a while, and it works just fine.

Altho I don't specifically use MAXV devices, I see that the device assignment window allows for selecting a large variety of MAXV chips.

You can get the 13.0sp1 (or 13.1, but I don't use that version) Windows installer from here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/products/fpga/software/downloads.html?f:guidetmD240C377263B4C70A4EA0E452D0182CA=%5BQuartus%C2%AE%20II%20Software%5D

and install with the relevant device support files.

What version of Win10 are you using?

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi, I have the  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Versión 10.0.19045 compilation 19045. 64 bits, 22H2.

I download the three files and decompress. When I execute the setup.bat (as admin) or execute the QuartusSetup-13.0.1.232.exe file the result is the same, it appears to be freezed (attached image).

Do you have any test that I can do?

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Well, don't know what to say. I used this file:

QuartusSetupWeb-13.0.1.232.exe

And just run it as a normal user to install and let it prompt for privileges as necessary.

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi, with the QuartusSetupWeb-13.0.1.232.exe I have the same throuble, the installer freezes and doen't work.

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Well, I suspect that their is something not quite right with either your Windows10 installation or the underlying hardware.

If you have another available Windows10 (or even Windows7 64b)  that installer should work on those platforms.

I am at a loss of other suggestions, maybe others have some ideas.

0 Kudos
MartinE
Beginner

Hi, I found the quartus 11.1 installer in a backup and it works.

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As per user "AK6DN" have provided the answer. I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos