Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Quartus CLI cpf Error 213035

HB4
Novice

Quartus 18.0

When trying to use the CLI to convert a sof file to a jic file, I receive an error stating that the "Error (213035): Configuration device MT25QL256 is illegal".

quartus_cpf -c -d MT25QL256 -s 5CEBA4 Test.sof Test.jic

I changed the device to EPCQ128A and it creates the jic file successfully.

quartus_cpf -c -d EPCQ128A -s 5CEBA4 Test.sof Test.jic

I modified the qsf:
set_global_assignment -name USE_CONFIGURATION_DEVICE OFF

And received the same message.

1 Solution
HB4
Novice

The answer is in Article ID: 000076544. Essentially, in Quartus versions prior to 18.1 you need to create a quartus.ini file with the contents pgm_allow_mt25q=on. The other important piece of information is the quartus.ini file should reside in the bin64 folder for CLI to include the MT25Q configuration devices.

Once these pieces are in place, you can successfully create a programming file through the command line interface.

Thanks,

Howard

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you try to generate the .jic file using Quartus GUI? Is it working?

Also, can you try to use the latest Quartus version?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
HB4
Novice

Yes, it generates the jic file from within Quartus GUI environment.

Thanks,

Howard

0 Kudos
HB4
Novice

Additional details that might be helpful.

If you launch Quartus and then select "Convert Programming Files..." without opening a project, the list of configuration devices is a smaller collection and does not show the MT25QL256.

Opening a project somehow loads additional configuration devices. Does this sound reasonable? How would I do this through CLI?

Thanks,

Howard

0 Kudos
HB4
Novice

The answer is in Article ID: 000076544. Essentially, in Quartus versions prior to 18.1 you need to create a quartus.ini file with the contents pgm_allow_mt25q=on. The other important piece of information is the quartus.ini file should reside in the bin64 folder for CLI to include the MT25Q configuration devices.

Once these pieces are in place, you can successfully create a programming file through the command line interface.

Thanks,

Howard

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Thank for sharing with us.

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos