Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus II Prime(18.1) Lite sticking during Analysis&Synthesis

AGofs
Novice

Hi everyone,

I've worked with Quartus II Prime(18.1) Lite without any problem until yesterday.
Now, the SW has stuck at Analysis&Synthesis stage for 5-6 minutes and then I get an attached message.
The P.C. uses 98% of virtual memory during the compilation.
Important :I've got a couple of weeks ago message about expiration of maintenance, but SW continued to work.

As I know Quartus II Prime(18.1) Lite doesn't need any license at all...
I've uninstalled and installed the SW once again, but without any success.
What can I do?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Depending on your design, analysis & synthesis or other stages of the compiler could take much longer than 5 or 6 minutes, so you should probably wait longer to get results.  It's not a license issue, because as you said, Lite doesn't need a license.

If you think it's not just a processing issue, you can try trashing the db and incremental_db folders to recompile the design from scratch.

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice

You mean Project->Clean Project?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you able to compile after Clean Project? Have you try to compile the design in the latest Quartus lite 20.1?  

0 Kudos
AGofs
Novice

No, the problem remains.

I never tried to compile the project with Quartus Lite-20.1.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Could you help to share a screenshot of the error message? 

Do you able to compile using other design or only occur with specific design? And do you able to compile the design on different machine? 

Would like to check whether it is a design or machine issue. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, do you need further help on this case?

0 Kudos