Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Quartus II Web Edition 12.1sp1 Licensing (Asking for a license file)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All 

I'm facing a little problem when trying to get Quartus II 12.1sp1 WebEd. When I run it, it is asking for a license! 

Visiting the page of Quartus II download ( Home > Design Tools & Services > Design Software > Quartus II Web Edition page) 

and clicking at 'Download Software Web Edition Free', it goes to "Home > Support > Downloads > Quartus II Web Edition Software" page. 

Then I selected the 'DVD .iso file' tab, I get the 3 ACDS ISO's for Linux. Installed it and, when I run, 

I get this picture: 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7160  

I've tried to 'perform automatic web license retrieval', but it rises an error. 

So, I'm not managing to use a free license. How can I do it ?!? 

Thanks a lot in advance 

Brasilino
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've seen the same thing with a design using a Cyclone IV (on my home PC). What I was trying to do was pretty simple so I used Q11.0 instead. 

Nial
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like the 12.1sp1 DVD images don't have the web edition version. It is installing the Subscription Edition. 

The version 12.1 Web Edition page does have a correct DVD it looks like though. 

You can either install 12.1sp1 using a different method (the automatic downloader, or the "Individual Files" option), or you can use a DVD from an earlier version. 

You can tell that you actually got the Web Edition version because the resulting downloaded file will have "free" in the filename.
0 Kudos