Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Quartus II software license

MHan0
Beginner

I am working in an University. I'd like to know if I can get a donated Quartus II software on our Altera FPGA projects. We have over 100 lab researchers and students using Altera FPGA in our courses, projects, etc. The Quatus II lite version doesn't meet our requirements in using different Altera FPGAs. If we can get one seat of the Quartus II software, it helps us a lot.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Why is Lite insufficient? What devices are you targeting?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
MHan0
Beginner
Hi sstrell, Thanks for your quick reply. The parts we are working on for now is Stratix EP1S10F780, EP1s30F780 and Cyclone IV EP4CE22F17C6, etc. and we will have more Altera FPGA projects coming. Thanks, Mike
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Original Stratix devices are not supported in the current Lite edition of the software. You can use the web edition of an older version of the software (Quartus II vs. the newer Quartus Prime). Click "Select by Device" at this link and download the free web edition: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

You can also find supported versions for Cyclone IV there as well.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos