Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15385 Discussions

Quartus II will detect custom vendor ID

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm planning to develop a new FPGA board with altera Max 10 FPGA and on-board USB-Blaster. Whether quartus II will detect vendor ID(my own VID) of my new board. If anyone helps, it would be great. 

Thanks, 

Lakshmi
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus will only recognise 'Altera' VID codes... 

Where are you going to get the design for the USB-Blaster CPLD from? 

Cheers, 

Alex
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Alex. Just I wanted to know whether Quartus will recognise custom VID or not. 

I went through the schematics of USB-Blaster which is available in the internet.  

Regards, 

Lakshmi
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, the schematics are available but simply copying them won't work unless you have something to program into the CPLD. 

Cheers, 

Alex
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

thats interesting project. 

--- Quote Start ---  

I went through the schematics of USB-Blaster which is available in the internet.  

--- Quote End ---  

Schematic is the easy part, there are plenty of Altera Dev kit schematics. But what about programming file for CPLD device? Did you find it?