Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus LPM_Compare Constant

KAshc
Novice

I am migrating schematic designs from Quartus 9 MAX-II to Quartus 16 MAX-10. I am having to re-create (instantiate) all my LPM modules. On the LPM_Compare I used to have 1 input as constant. I see the option in the new Quartus 16 for this but where do I enter what the constant is? It was intuitive on the old Quartus 9 software.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Check it under"General 2" Tab.

find attached screen shot.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

LPM_COMPARE.JPG

0 Kudos
KAshc
Novice

Quartus 16 doesn't have the wizard, or at least it doesn't seem to run. The only way I can change anything is to right>click and then edit the properties.

Is the wizard supposed to run on Quartus 16?

0 Kudos
KAshc
Novice

UPdate. I am downloading and installing 14.0. I read where the wizard was discontinued with 14.1 and 14.0 will support the MAX-10.....

Wish me luck!!!!!

0 Kudos
KAshc
Novice

ALL, New Update. by using the IP Catalog, instead of doing a double-click to add library modules, a wizard is utilized. Went back to Quartus 16 and now instantiate modules a lot easier now, plus I don't get those big obnoxious square graphic symbols.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Are you able to use 1 input as a constant using IP Catalog in Q16?

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
KAshc
Novice

Yes I did. Using the IP catalog brings up the wizard like I was used to in Quartus 9.

Keith