Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus Lite on M1 Mac

eliofl
Novice

I am having trouble getting the drivers to be updated. Every time I try to do it it says it fails to install drivers. I thought it was because the drivers were not signed by Microsoft so I changed a setting where it would take drivers that would be signed by others but that still did not work. I'm starting to think I might need to buy a windows computer because I've tried everything and I have an assignment due this Monday.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Kenny_Tan

May I know what driver that you were looking for?

0 Kudos
eliofl
Novice

I am trying to update the USB Blaster through parallels.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Just want to clarify, you are having issue in updating the driver of USB Blaster on M1 MAC?

0 Kudos
raffin
Beginner

Same Problem, Modelsim & Quartus works well in Parallels window 11 in M1 Mac
But updating USB Blaster doesn't work : Windows could not find drivers for your device

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry, currently the software is supported on windows and linux only.

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/18.0/?edition=lite

0 Kudos
creativito
Beginner

Same problem on my M1 MacBook running Windows 11 in parallels.

Quartus II works perfectly except that updating USB-blaster drivers fails. No idea how to fix this issue and I was wondering the driver is incompatible. May be I need to buy a standalone Windows laptop?

0 Kudos
eliofl
Novice

Yeah, I would go ahead and buy or borrow a Windows laptop. I was taking a computer hardware course last year and we had to use Quartus so I just went ahead and bought one because I could find a workaround. Macs with an intel chip do work though because I had a classmate with an Intel mac that got Quartus to work.

Best of luck!

ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Quartus is not yet officially supported on Windows 11.

So if you want to get a platform that actually works NOW, find a Windows 10 system.

Or load one of the supported Linux environments on a system and install the Linux Quartus version.

iDirect_Martin

Try using an EthernetBlaster if you have access to one.

0 Kudos
Mickael
Beginner

I had the same problem with Parallels, however try installing UTM as Emulator (not as Virtualizer) on your mac M1, install the Intel Quartus Lite Edition 20.1 version on Ubuntu 20 amd64 and install normally as you would on another OS and you will see that it works! Hope this helps!

0 Kudos