Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Quartus Not Recognizing Questa Starter Edition License

skc5741
Beginner

Hello!

I've installed Quartus Lite with Questa FPGA Starter Edition on my Linux system, and I've generated a license through SSLC which appears to have valid licensing information when opened in text editors. However, when opened through Quartus, there doesn't appear to be any license being imported, as if it was an invalid license:

skc5741_0-1664897175382.png

Additionally, when I attempt to run the Questa software, I receive the following error message:

Error: Error: Can't launch Questa Intel FPGA Simulation software -- make sure the software is properly installed and the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE points to the correct license file.

Which indicates to me the license file hasn't been imported properly.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
skc5741
Beginner

Resolved! I needed to configure the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable in my ~/.profile, NOT ~/.zshrc or ~/.zsh_profile files.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
skc5741
Beginner

Resolved! I needed to configure the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable in my ~/.profile, NOT ~/.zshrc or ~/.zsh_profile files.

0 Kudos