Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus Prime 20.1 Lite Edition

Ahan1
Beginner

I'm a university student and I'm working on Quartus Prime 20.1 Lite edition for the first time. I have a task where I'm supposed to follow the create your first FPGA device steps-https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/how-to-program-your-first-fpga-device.html . My laptop always freezes after Step 1. We are supposed to create a new project but my laptop keeps failing in doing so (I guess there's something wrong with the laptop or I'm missing something essential). The new project is supposed to be created in my C: drive, but the process is never completed. I once tried to create the new project in my OneDrive documents folder and succeeded but Quartus denied using the file as it wasn't authorised.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It crashes from just creating the project with the New Project Wizard?  I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling Quartus.  Sounds like a bad installation.

Or maybe you need to put the project in a different directory.  You're putting it in the Quartus installation directory.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @Ahan1 

Try to download again the installation files from the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html and re-install the Quartus Lite to see whether the issue persists.

If your project files located at drive C, you will need to open the Quartus software with administration every time you open project. 

I advise to move your project folder to somewhere else as mentioned by sstrell.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
Ahan1
Beginner

Sorry for not replying earlier. I reinstalled Quartus and its been working fine.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos