Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite 17.1 Code Revisions

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I'm looking for a way to have Quartus save and restore a history of code revisions, like say I have a project and I enter the code on the date 03/01/18, and then the next day I actually revise that code and want to save that on 03/02/18. But say I want to see the changes I made to the code at an earlier date and actually want to revert back to the old code at the earlier date, is there a way to have Quartus do this and save different versions of my code without starting a new project? 

Also, I program in VHDL, and it's nice to see color coded keywords, but why doesn't Quartus also do any code formatting such as spaces between code and auto-formatting of conditional codes, such that it's uniformly spaced?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi 

I'm looking for a way to have Quartus save and restore a history of code revisions, like say I have a project and I enter the code on the date 03/01/18, and then the next day I actually revise that code and want to save that on 03/02/18. But say I want to see the changes I made to the code at an earlier date and actually want to revert back to the old code at the earlier date, is there a way to have Quartus do this and save different versions of my code without starting a new project? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, you can do. 

Refer 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii5v1.pdf 

https://www.altera.com.cn/zh_cn/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii52012.pdf 

Under Project->Revision we have new revision option and compare option which can be used. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Also, I program in VHDL, and it's nice to see color coded keywords, but why doesn't Quartus also do any code formatting such as spaces between code and auto-formatting of conditional codes, such that it's uniformly spaced? 

--- Quote End ---  

Auto-formatting is not supported,Can use some other edittor. 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos