Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite 18.1 Crashes unless admin is logged on to PC

Pvilla
Beginner

Hello, 

i am with the IT department trying to get answers to the quartus prime lite software. we installed it on an engineer's computer and when he launches the software, and tries to open anything, it immediately crashes.  it will work however if one of us in MIS shadow him, then it works perfectly

by installing each piece of software that he needs on his PC we found the culprit software and found this entry in the event viewer. can anyone tell me what the RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 is and what would make it crash? FYI when i went to the location listed in the error, there was nothing there.

Fault bucket 1668406770702091866, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: quartus.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 10.0.17763.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\TONY~1.NGU\AppData\Local\Temp\RDRC274.tmp\empty.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC294.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC2B4.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC320.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC330.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 4faaa15f-f0f8-4f9e-a69c-9a2f913065de
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 2e5b5304bca02659b7275f1e4c8e065a
Cab Guid: 0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Pvilla,

Do you mean log in as admin no crash while user Quartus crashed? Have you tried to reinstall Quartus? Does is behaves as the same? Make sure drivers and others are up to date. FYI, RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 simply means the OS has detected a resource intensive process running which isn't managing its memory very well (it isn't a memory leak, it is "pre-leak", meaning the OS' RADAR function thinks this could become a memory leak." [1].

[1]. https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2037321-Crash-when-loading-screen-finish/page2#:~:text=%22RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64%20simply%20means%20the%20OS,could%20become%20a%20memory%20leak.%22

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
Pvilla
Beginner

Hello, thank you for responding. what i mean by logging in as admin is, the user logs on to the computer and an administrator (from IT) remotes to his computer via dameware. At that point the program works correctly. 

We have installed an uninstalled the program several time and upgraded to the latest version to see if the issue resolved, it did not. What we did find is that when we have the program Meridian installed (doc control program) that is the program that is somehow conflicting with Quartus.  Even their web based program requires and install and that causes the crash/conflict with Quartus. 

I am now going to contact the Meridian vendor to see if they can provide any insight but if anyone on this site can provide any feedback, it would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Pvilla,

For testing purpose, does uninstall Meridian app resolve the issue? or kill the task for Meridian and only launch Quartus as administrator, see if it works. 

Cheers,

Regards

0 Kudos
Pvilla
Beginner

If you uninstall Meridian, then yes, Quartus will work normally.  Based on what you asked we tried loading Meridian and Quartus, stopping the services for Meridian and Quartus launched and worked.  

we then stopped the auto startup on Meridian and now we can have Meridian and Quartus on the same pc and they play well together. thank you for your questions, it prompted me to look at it in a different way.. this will get us through until the engineers find out why these two programs don't play well together. 

much appreciated. 

0 Kudos