Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite 19.1 on Linux OpenSuse Tumbleweed. vsim Unable to find the license file...

DSTRE10
Beginner

I have installed Quartus Prime Lite 19.1 on Linux OpenSuse Tumbleweed. When going to the Simulation Waveform Editor and trying to Run Functional Simulation getting this error:

.../modelsim_ae/linuxaloem//vsim -c -do MKRVIDOR4000.do

Unable to find the license file. It appears that your license file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE) is not set correctly.Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

Error.

Since this is a Lite version, I am not sure about a license file. Any ideas how to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DSTRE10
Beginner

I have found a solution. Actually, without license works only ModelSim Starter Edition. So, in the "Quartus -> Tools -> Options -> EDA Tools Options" one should change "modelsim_ae" to "modelsim_ase".

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To learn more about modelsim starter edition and feature support kindly refer to below link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/quartus-prime/model-sim.html

0 Kudos