Working with the installed Nios® II software build tools for Eclipse (Nios® II SBT):
- you still need Nios® II Command Shell running while creating the project with Nios® II SBT;
- changing debug or optimization level in the "Nios II BSP Properties" leads to Java exceptions;
- information about program size is unavailable;
- using "sys/alt_stdio.h" leads to compilation error:
\libhal_bsp.a(alt_putchar.o): In function `alt_putchar': alt_putchar.c:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `null' alt_putchar.c:(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `null' alt_putchar.c:(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `ALT_MODULE_CLASS_null_write'
Using Nios® II SBT from Quartus Prime Pro 18.1.1 Build 263 is more useful:
- rename the folder "nios2eds" to "nios2eds_new" in the folder "C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.3";
- copy the folder "nios2eds" from "C:\intelFPGA_pro\18.1" to "C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.3";
- copy the folder "cygwin" from "C:\intelFPGA_pro\18.1\quartus\bin64" to "C:\intelFPGA_pro\19.3\quartus\bin64";
- enjoy with working Nios® II SBT !
This problem is scheduled to be fixed in a future Intel® Quartus® Prime software release as mentioned in the shared KDB as follow and you can use the workaround mentioned here:
Can you please elaborate more how can I help you?