Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15461 Discussions

Quartus Prime Pro 21.2 - cannot install devices

BrendanL
Beginner

Hi,

I just installed Quartus Prime Pro 21.2.

The installation archive includes some device files (.qdz files) but when I try to install them, I get an error: 'The device files (.qdz) in the directory ... doens't match the version of this installer.'

Can anyone suggest a work-around?

Best regards,

B

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Please make sure the device you installed is for Pro edition. Can you try downloading and installing them again?

You can find them here: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/

Regards,

Nurina

BrendanL
Beginner

You're right - I needed Quartus Lite - thanks for the help!

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!