Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus Prime Pro SW doesn't launch

Rolf1
Novice

Since end of June Quartus Pro SW doesn't launch. If I doubleclick on the desktop item or start it in the cmd-window, nothing happens. I have also installed Quartus Standard editions (19.1, 18.1, 16.1), they are working well, no problems. And many other tools with no problems.

I reinstalled 19.4, nothing changed. I installed 20.2, doesn't launch either. And this is the case not just for quartus.exe, Quartus Programmer (quartus_pgmw.exe) + quartus_dsew.exe + some other tools doesn't start as well, nothing happens, no error message.

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Rolf,

Do you mean "since" it happened already or first time encounter this? Have you try to re download and reinstall it? Let me know if this work. Besides, make sure you meet the requirement for the SW Quartus Pro, refer to link below for details 

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/requirements/20.2/

0 Kudos
Rolf1
Novice

I first installed Quartus 19.4 in April 2020 and it works till end of June. I reinstalled 19.4 and downloaded and installed 20.2, but both don't launch quartus.exe, nothing happens. Of course I meet the Quartus requirements.

May be the failure is related to those 3 Windows Updates:

KB4561600:"Security Update [6/30/2020]"
KB4561608:"Security Update [6/30/2020]"
KB4562562:"Security Update [6/30/2020]"

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

H Rolf,

It could be one of the reasons. Try to restore previous update and relaunch to see if Quartus work or not.

0 Kudos
Rolf1
Novice

That's complicated to do, because my company does the security updates and I'm not able to undo those updates. 

Any other suggestion?

0 Kudos
Rolf1
Novice

Problem is fixed.

The Installation of KB4567513 was needed, to fix the problem!