Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

Quartus Prime Pro purchase

student1
Beginner

Hi,

I could see in the intel Quartus Prime Pro purchase website, that there is fixed subscription and fixed subscription renewal. Does that mean the software expires in one year and then I pay for the renewal?

Adding to that, could you please elaborate on the difference between fixed and floating subscription?

Thanks a lot.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hello!

Yes, correct. After the maintenance expiry date, the renewal subscription is required with offering price as stated in our website
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy/design-software.html#note

However, it is only done once in license lifetime before it turn to perpetual license.

Fixed license is a stand-alone (node-locked, single-user) license, tied to the network interface card(NIC) ID of the computer on which you installed the Intel FPGA software.

Floating license is floating network (multi-user) license is for users running the Quartus Prime software on multiple computers connected on a network. A license server issues licenses to computers on demand. Floating licenses are not operating system-specific. If you want to run the Intel FPGA software on additional computers, you can purchase additional seats to add to your floating license after its original purchase.

I hope this clarifies your questions.

Wani

0 Kudos