Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus Prime Standart Edition 19.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS WSL.

IShit
Beginner

I install WSL Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, install minimum necessary sw package. Install Quartus Prime Standart Edition 19.1. When the installation is completed, I launch Quartus when I try to launch the Tools/License setup Quartus is crash. (quartus: malloc.c:2868: mremap_chunk: Assertion `((size + offset) & (GLRO (dl_pagesize) - 1)) == 0' failed.

Aborted (core dumped))

If I create a simple project and try to compile it, an error is generated:Error (293007): Current module quartus_map ended unexpectedly. Verify that you have sufficient memory available to compile your design. You can view disk space and physical RAM requirements on the System and Software Requirements page of the Intel FPGA website (http://dl.altera.com/requirements/).

However, RAM and disk space is enough (16 GB and 90 GB).

Tell me where to look for a solution.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IShit
Beginner

Hi, Thank you for answer. Reinstalled all of the listed packages in the instructions. Nothing has changed.

I tried to look for the problem using the valgrind. If use the --trace-children key, the error does not occur. And it is possible to run the License manager. But very slowly. When connecting a license. Quartus does not start without valgrind.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

It seems like the memory is insufficient. Can you try to run without other applications running in background or install the software in another machine with larger memory?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos