Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Quartus can't connect to the Intel FPGA Website to check for updates

josh9r7Wlx4223
Beginner

I am using Quartus Prime 20.1 Lite on Ubuntu 16.04.

When I launch Quartus I get the message:

14565 Can't connect to the Intel FPGA website to check for updates.

My Internet connection is fine. There is no proxy required.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

This occurs due to Quartus Prime software cannot make the connection to the website, possibly because your Internet connection is down, or you have web browser settings that are incompatible with those of the automatic connection to the Intel FPGA website.

Reference:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/wictq_cant_connect_to_altera_website.htm

0 Kudos
josh9r7Wlx4223
Beginner

My internet is connection not down.

Any particular web browser settings I should look at?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I am mainly using Google Chrome. Does this occur with earlier Quartus version or this specific version?
Does this occur with other machine?

Try to Run Quartus As Administrator. If not, download and re-install the Quartus at https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/ to see if the issue persists. 

I don't think it impact much in your design whether it check for updates or not. Make sure that the Quartus is installed with the latest version and you should be good to go. 

0 Kudos
josh9r7Wlx4223
Beginner

I am using Chrome on Ubuntu. I tried to run Quartus as root but that didn't make a difference.

The problem does not seem to interfere with my work so I am just ignoring the error message.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
GuyW
Beginner

I've got the same issue (no internet connection). I have tried setting up a custom connection in "tools/options/internet connectivity" but still no joy.  I haven't tried the re-install option so far.

0 Kudos