Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Quartus closing on its own

Monsoon_sun
Novice

Quartus is closing on its own when I open a project. I have tried uninstalling and installing Quartus many times. But the problem persists. I have installed Quartus prime lite edition. version 21.1 for Windows.

My OS specifications: 

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.527

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It sounds like a bad Quartus install.  Do a full uninstall and reinstall.  Maybe try a different location.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Try deleting the db and incremental_db folders for your project.  Then reopen to see if that fixes it.

0 Kudos
Monsoon_sun
Novice

I deleted the db folder, there is no incremental_db folder. Still Quartus is closing as soon as I click the open project button. This is happening even before I can select any project to open.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you still able to create a new project with the New Project Wizard?  Did you install the .qdz file for the device family you are using?

0 Kudos
Monsoon_sun
Novice

I have installed cyclone IV device .qdz file. 

Regarding creating new projects, I had created them in the many runs when I was uninstalling and installing Quartus. Now in the current installation I am not able to create projects as well. It is just stuck and showing not responding message when I try to create a new project.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It sounds like a bad Quartus install.  Do a full uninstall and reinstall.  Maybe try a different location.

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

You can try older version of Quartus prime lite edition. I'm using ver. 20.1 and my OS is windows 11. It works fine for me.

0 Kudos