Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Quartus does not list 10M16SAU324C8G

eschink1
Beginner

We just purchased a quantity of 10M16SAU324C8G for a new design.  Quartus does not list 10M16SAU324C8G as an option. 

1) How can Intel sell a part that is not supported in Quartus? 

2) How do I get support for this part?

Information on Intel websites says that Quartus supports the 10M16 family and does not list whether it does or does not support specific variants of the part.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That's weird.  If you installed the .qdz for the device family, it should be there in Quartus.  Is there a part number available that's close to this one?

0 Kudos
eschink1
Beginner

There is a 10M16SAU324I7G.  There are also some C8G parts, but not SAU.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Eric,

1) How can Intel sell a part that is not supported in Quartus? 

All Intel devices sell should be supported by Quartus. There have been lot of validation before the product being released.

2) How do I get support for this part?

Kind of weird. Once you install the device support, there should be listed, I guess that's Max 10 device judging by the part number. What version of Quartus are you using? Try to use latest version for supported device and see it reflect any changes. Also, please double check the serial number on your device, any snapshot would be better for more information. 

0 Kudos
eschink
Beginner

I just checked Intel's download page.  The latest version available is 20.1.1 build 720.  This is the same version as what I have installed.  I attached a screenshot of the device selection window showing that the only 10M16SAU324 is a speed grade 7.  But, Intel makes an 8.  Could you verify on your software?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Eric,

Ill check this internally and let you know update. I verified in latest version also there is no device listed. There is some gap here ill let you know any update on this.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Eric,

The 10M16SAU324C8G list will be available in next version of Quartus release 21.1std. Seem there is a patch for 20.1std for this and I'm verifying it now. Let me know if you want it I can give to you.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

The patch is working and will add support for 10M16SAU324C8G. Again let me know if you intend to use 20.1std. Otherwise just wait for 21.1std release.

0 Kudos
eschink
Beginner

Hi Syafieq, if I could get the patch for 20.1std, that would be great.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I cant attach the patches here. I will send them to your email.

0 Kudos