Initially, I have successfully installed the Quartus 17.1.2 (304) on a server with Centos 6.10.
As I was told that Quartus is supported from Centos 7 and up, I decided to move to Centos 7.6
After installing the Centos7.6 I tried to install the Quartus (17.1.1, 18.0 and 18.1) but without success.
The installation is stack at the end, and there is no way to run Quartus.
As part of the Quartus installation on the Cento6.10, I had the same experience (stack at the end) but after killing the installation process, I could run Quartus normally.
This is not the case now.
After killing the process after few hours of waiting for the installation to end, I cannot run Quartus.
The server parameters are as follow:
12 X Cores CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
300G free on hard drive
No antivirus is installed
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 65731936 1586940 28863512 18044 35281484 63456944
Swap: 32964604 0 32964604
One more thing, I tried to install Quartus on a VM (Xeon CPU) with Centos7.6 on it that I got from our IT group and it also did not complete the installation. (I did it to verify that our I7 server is not to blame)
May I know the source of the following info?
'As I was told that Quartus is supported from Centos 7 and up'
Kindly refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.h... for official supporting OS.
Besides this, you may try
1) Disable anti virus and reinstall the software ( including all the devices)
2) If #1 does not work, try workaround suggested in https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for your help KYeoh.
- The source of the supported OS is an INTEL FAE at INTEL PSG.
- From the table if the first link it can be seen that Red Hat 7 is supported. (Centos 7 is the same. I hope)
- I tried to do separate installation as was suggested in the second link. The first installation that includes only support of Ariea 10 was successful. the upgrade to 17.1.1 was stuck.
Can you install the following updates individually?
So, that was a good suggestion.
I think it is 90% OK now.
- I can not install the DSPBuilderProSetup-184.108.40.2063-linux.run as it complains that I am not in the correct version.
- when I check in the "about" of the Quartus, it says that it is version 17.1.0