Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
15799 Discussions

Quartus prime pro 18.0 license for Arria 10 SoC Development Kit

Ran-GUO
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed Quartus prime pro 18.0 and device support Arria 10, I used float license and it works (I can verify it in Tools-> License setup). The board is Arria 10 SoC Development Kit.

But the error occurs when I create a new project or open an existing Arria 10 example project :

A license file is required to enable compilation of your design for the family of devices. Visit the Licensing Center section of the Intel FPGA website to request a license.

I want to use opencl SDK for Arria 10, when I compile, I saw this error:

error (19286): No license for family Arria 10

Do Arria 10 devices need an extra license or My License Quartus pro doesn't work?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The OpenCL SDK requires additional licensing.  I'd link you but it seems there are a bunch of pages down right now.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks @sstrell, yes, OpenCL SDK need additional license. Details can refer with your nearest local distributor/technical from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html  

Ran-GUO
Beginner

Thanks. But I still don't get it.

I was using OpenCL (Quartus 18.0 standard) for cycloneV before and it was working fine, I have the float license.

Then I want to change the FPGA board to Arria 10, and I install the Quartus 18.0 pro, this error occurs. I can not even create a new project without OpenCL for Arria 10 in Quartus pro.

License for Quartus pro works and I can verify it in Tools-> License setup.

Thanks a lot.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

To further checking, provide your license .dat file.

For privacy, reply/attach your file in private message.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you