Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus prime pro 18.0 license for Arria 10 SoC Development Kit

Ran-GUO
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed Quartus prime pro 18.0 and device support Arria 10, I used float license and it works (I can verify it in Tools-> License setup). The board is Arria 10 SoC Development Kit.

But the error occurs when I create a new project or open an existing Arria 10 example project :

A license file is required to enable compilation of your design for the family of devices. Visit the Licensing Center section of the Intel FPGA website to request a license.

I want to use opencl SDK for Arria 10, when I compile, I saw this error:

error (19286): No license for family Arria 10

Do Arria 10 devices need an extra license or My License Quartus pro doesn't work?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The OpenCL SDK requires additional licensing.  I'd link you but it seems there are a bunch of pages down right now.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks @sstrell, yes, OpenCL SDK need additional license. Details can refer with your nearest local distributor/technical from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html  

0 Kudos
Ran-GUO
Beginner

Thanks. But I still don't get it.

I was using OpenCL (Quartus 18.0 standard) for cycloneV before and it was working fine, I have the float license.

Then I want to change the FPGA board to Arria 10, and I install the Quartus 18.0 pro, this error occurs. I can not even create a new project without OpenCL for Arria 10 in Quartus pro.

License for Quartus pro works and I can verify it in Tools-> License setup.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To further checking, provide your license .dat file.

For privacy, reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos