Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Quartus prime pro 20.3 installation failure on windows machine?

anilinintel
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded required setup files suitable for a windows machine to install Quartus prime PRO 20.3 latest version.

Because of heavy setup files sizes. I decided to download setup files part by part from an "individual files" tab from this link. https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/

This way I downloaded all 4 links to get these files listed below. And one more extra link to support devices.

1. QuartusProSetup-20.3.0.158-windows.exe

2. quartus_part2-20.3.0.158_2.qdz

3. ModelSimProSetup-20.3.0.158-windows.exe

4.ModelSimProSetup-part2-20.3.0.158-windows.exe

5. diamondmesa-20.3.0.158.qdz

when I try to install by double-clicking on the main setup file i.e  (QuartusProSetup-20.3.0.158-windows.exe). I encountered a small window saying. "this installation can't find Quartus prime part2 package". the fact is this part2 package available in the same folder sitting along with main setup files.

I can show my screenshot as an attachment. where one can see all files available in the picture and the error message.

someone, please help me to proceed further.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS

Hi Anil,

Yes, I had checked and confirmed it the the default format of part 2 file for 20.3 is .qdz. Can you cut the "_2" and try to rerun the installation

View solution in original post

10 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Anil,

I suspect the issue is because the quartus_part2-20.3.0.158_2.qdz file. This might be a mistake as it should be an application file not device file. I wonder if you can change the format .qdz to .exe (renaming it but I don't can) for testing purpose and rerun the installation and let me know the update. I will report this issue will let you know once it has been fixed.

Thanks,
Regards

0 Kudos
anilinintel
Beginner

Hi,

I also got the same thought of renaming .qdz to .exe on that day itself. But the same error repeated again.

I am familiar that windows installer should be .exe and altera device support comes with .qdz format.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Anil,

Can you try to download the Quartus with multiple file download option as an alternative for now? The size not too big as complete download and it also include the Quartus Prime part 2. Let me know if you are okay and also the part 2 format, if it still .qdz or .exe. with this option.

0 Kudos
anilinintel
Beginner

hi,

No hurry. please try to give the solution to the Original Post.

Multiple file download of 12 GB .tar file is heavy for me. If its not too big for you. please download and cross verify the part2 file format.

But I'm sure that the same error may encounter for this approach as well.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Anil,

Noted and appreciate it. I have filed the report INC011990526 ticket. Will let you know once there is any update.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You have an "_2" in the part 2 file name for some reason.  Remove that and try again.

And sidenote: the part 2 files are supposed to be .qdz files now.  Don't change the file extension.

SyafieqS

Hi Anil,

Yes, I had checked and confirmed it the the default format of part 2 file for 20.3 is .qdz. Can you cut the "_2" and try to rerun the installation

anilinintel
Beginner

Thank you so much !!!

This worked. But I have no clue how that *_2* came into the picture.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Anil,

Noted and glad the issue been resolved. Let me know if there is any other concern regarding this otherwise I will put this to close pending

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos