Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quartus programmer for Linux ARM / ARM64

rienk_dejong
New Contributor I

Hi Intel,

Would it be possible to support the quartus programmer on linux for arm and arm64 platforms?

In our lab we have several raspberrypi's for remote debugging of systems. We use them for serial consoles, power cycling devices or simple digital IO. This makes remote debugging and testing possible from behind our desk while the physical hardware is in the lab.

The only thing we are missing is the possiblity to hookup a USB-blaster to get access to signaltap instances or use the nios debugger.

We can use a regular PC in the lab and connect to the Jtag-server running on it, but this is not as flexible as a small single board computer like the raspberrypi is.

Would it be an idea to support the arm / arm64 architecture for the quartus programmer, or just the jtag-server?

Kind regards,

Rienk de Jong

5 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I will send your suggestion to our internal team. However, there might be no support for this.

thanks

Matthew3
Beginner

Hi,

I recently thought of doing this exact same thing - using an RPI as a remote programmer.

Was there any response on whether there would be installers made available for ARM?

Thanks
Matthew

Jean-Marc
Beginner

Hi,

I am  using Quartus on local Linux VM or Docker instance for several years, but, I can't do this anymore because  my new workstation is based on the M1 processor (ARM64).  Unfortunately, I have to run Quartus on remote instances because Quartus is limited to X86_64 processors and this is annoying.

Thanks,

Jean-Marc

0 Kudos
QuentinB
Beginner

Agree.
OS compatibility can be worked around but hardware is a whole other matter.

There are more and more ARM computers. Please consider releasing Quartus for this arch.

Regards,
Quentin

0 Kudos
QuentinB
Beginner

Actually, I managed to make Quartus work on Windows ARM.
However, the board drivers are not available.

Could you consider releasing the Windows drivers on ARM, even if unsupported ?
This way, we would be able to make it work.

0 Kudos