Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus project tasks completed check mark missing after reopen (18.1 std edition)

RZhen11
New Contributor I

The project used to keep task completed check mark so I can tell the source has not changed.

Since I started adding .stp file into the project. Every time reopen the project, there is no "green" check mark at any of the task .

It's not critical, but will nice to know what happened.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If you make a change to the project, like adding a .stp file or making a change to any file, like the .stp file, the indicator goes away because that means you have to recompile the project.  The current compilation results no longer match the project, requiring a recompile.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
RZhen11
New Contributor I

I understand when project source has change, the project goes out-of-date.

But my situation is there is no change at all. What I meant in the original post is, the project seems changed after I started adding .stp file.

There are other weirdness, for example, I can't do signalTap at all.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Adding Signal Tap is a change to the project that requires recompilation as well.  It's not just source code changes that do it.

If you don't recompile, that would explain why Signal Tap isn't working as well.  Check the Signal Tap settings in the Settings dialog box are pointing to your .stp file and then recompile.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
RZhen11
New Contributor I

Thanks for prompt reply. I was not being clear.

I understand whenever I add or make change to .stp, the project requires recompile.

But my current project became out-of-date when I had done no change, .stp file was added and the whole project was compiled already. When I open the .top, I can't connect even after programming (programmed in side SignalTap program function) and there is no other programmer/Quartus opened.

The whole situation starts days ago, when I started adding .stp file.

I will try your approach of delete .db, ** folders

0 Kudos
RZhen11
New Contributor I

Just to update, I've recreated a new project.

Completed task status keeps now.

0 Kudos
RZhen11
New Contributor I

And unfortunately, it's happening again after .stp file creation and compile.

0 Kudos