Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quartus_sh terminated with unexpected exit code 1. Help?

JDeForest
Beginner

Hi All,

I keep getting the following error:

Error(293007): Current module quartus_sh terminated with unexpected exit code 1. This may be because some system resource has been exhausted. You can view system resource requirements on the System and Software Requirements page of the Intel FPGA website (http://dl.altera.com/requirements/). 

I checked to see if my computer met the requirements, and it only mentions recommended requirements not minimum requirements. My computer only has 16GB of RAM and another 16G of Virtual Memory. Do I need the full 18GB of both or is 16GB of both, enough?

Is it possible it is the license? I am trying to compile for a Cyclone 10 GX, and the development kit said no license is required.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you,

Joshua

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Joshua,

May I know following info:

1. Quartus Prime type and version

2. Type of OS you used 

3. Your machine specification ( drive, ram , etc.)

It could be the licensing issue ( if using licensed IP) and heavy background processes running. Kill the background processes during compiling your design or apply for licensing if you using license software or IP as link below for reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf (p21)

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
JDeForest
Beginner

Hello,

1. Quartus Prime type and version: Quartus Prime Version 19.4.0 Build 65 12/04/2019 SC Pro Edition

2. Type of OS you used: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

3. Your machine specification ( drive, ram , etc.) : Intel Core I7-4771, RAM: 16GB Virtual and 16GB Physical, Drives: Kingston 240GB SSD and Western Digital 1TB HDD, GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K4200.

If I missed anything, please let me know.

The only licensed IP that I believe I am using is Hard IP for PCI Express. I will read through that link you sent and try to verify that. Is there a piece of the compilation that I can run (like possible IP Generation) that would allow me to verify that that is not a licensing issue?

I will call every background process that I can that is not needed and try to compile again.

Thank you,

Joshua.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Joshua,

Is there any update? Did you manage to solve the issue or still need help on this? I will be to assist at my best just let me know if you have any inquiry. Take care :)

Thanks,

Regards.

0 Kudos
JDeForest
Beginner

Hello,

Unfortunately no, I am still stuck on this error.

I have gone through the compilation flow to try to compile things individually.

The only one that will finish is "IP Generation". The rest all seem to force "Analysis & Synthesis" to run, which is where I keep getting errors. I am currently trying to fix these errors.

One thing I don't really understand why it gives me errors with the code when I run it individually, but it gives me a resources error when I run it as a whole.

Thank you,

Joshua

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Joshua,

Sorry for the late and delay in response. Here is workaround, Instead of the qexit [-return_code] command, use the native exit [-return_code] Tcl command in your script. The exit command supports integer return codes from 0 to 127. Below is the KDB related to your issue as reference. Hopefully it is helpful!!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/fb366685.html

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
JDeForest
Beginner

Hello,

No worries. I think I have fixed it the problem.

It was a license issue.

Thank you,

Joshua.

0 Kudos