Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15339 Discussions

Quartus tool taking longer run time

SKuma36
Beginner

Hi,

I've a Custom controller design integrated with one instance of Arria10 Native FPGA transceiver. With this I could run synthesis & Implementation using Quartus tool successfully. We modified the design to include two instances of Arria10 Native FPGA transceiver. After this, the implementation run is taking long time (> 20hrs) and routing is not getting completed. I've attached a screen snapshot.

Is it design constraint related issue? Any suggestion to overcome this issue?

rgds,

sunil

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MuhammadAr_U_Intel
Hi, There could be few reasons for long compile time. - Higher device utilization and fitter is having hard time to route the design. You can try few things. 1. Try selecting a target device with higher density to test if it bring down the compile time. 2. Try creating a simple design with only Native Phy instances + Reset controller + TX PLL and see if you still see longer compile times. Thanks, Arslan