Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quatus Prime Lite Compile Design Error

Shainy
Beginner

Hi, when I try to compile my testbench, on Quartus Prime, it gives an error message saying; Top partition does not contain any logic (error 12061). Is there anything that I could try to get rid of the error?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It's hard to know without seeing your design but as noted here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39603043/altera-quartus-ii-error-12061-cant-synthesize-current-design-top-partiti

does your file name match your entity name?

0 Kudos
Shainy
Beginner
Thanks for your reply! Yes, the file name matches the entity name... But, thanks!
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel
Shainy
Beginner

Thanks for providing me with the above link @RichardTanSY_Intel ! It helped me figure it out!

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I hope my last note contain the information needed. Since we do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
Shainy
Beginner

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel , thank you so much for your reply. The link you provided me with really helped. Thanks! and sorry for the late reply!

0 Kudos