Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Questa Intel Starter FPGA Edition 2021.2 verification license

TRAVIS2
Beginner

In my design, there are systemverilog features like covergroup.

But I can't simulate these , questa shows me the error as below.

# ** Error: Failure to checkout svverification license feature.
# ** Error: (vsim-1) Unable to checkout verification license - required for testbench features (randomize, randcase, randsequence, covergroup).

Is it impossible to use this testbench features in Questa Sim Starter Edition?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. May we know, do you have the Questa Sim Starter Edition free license? if not could you help download from https://licensing.intel.com/

1) Go to Sign up for Evaluation or Free licenses

2) Select Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA

3) # of Seats is always 1

4) Check the T&C box

5) Click Get License button

The license will be send to email that you register with. 

0 Kudos
TRAVIS2
Beginner
I already got the starter edition license in SSLC. And the other designs which not contain systemverilog verification language are simulated well.
0 Kudos
BZ2
Beginner

Hello,

I had the same license error. I followed the instruction list you provided. The result is the same. Actually, we have license for Questa Intel FPGA Edition-64 2021.2 instead of the start edition. Look forward your help to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. could you provide below or further checking

1) lmutil lmdiag

2) assembler report .asm.rpt file

And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos