Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14968 Discussions

Questa/Modelsim, long SV variable in object

KVino1
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem on Intel free Modelsim and both in Commercial Questasim CADs.

Here's my SystemVerilog signals, I want to check in simulator

logic [8191-1:0] ram_buffer0 ; logic [8192-1:0] ram_buffer1 ; logic [4000-1:0][2-1:0] ram_buffer2 ;

The problem is that there's no ram_buffer1 variable in objects list pallete in saved WLF file. I can't add to waveform both manually and through command

# (vish-4014) No objects found matching 'vsim:/row_buffering_tb/UUT/ram_buffer1'.

This problem happens when variable size more then 8191 elements.

My shell scripts is also quite simple

vdel -lib work -all   vlib work     vmap work $PWD/work rtl=../rtl tb=../tb   verlist=( $rtl/row_buffering.sv $tb/row_buffering_tb.sv )   for src in "${verlist[@]}" do vlog -sv $src done   vsim -t ps -novopt work.row_buffering_tb -do "log -r /*; run 2 us; exit;"

The problem is with saving signal into WLF - I can do something like

logic [10000-1:0][5:0] test_ram_buffer_long ; logic [5:0] test_ram_buffer_last ; assign test_ram_buffer_long[10] = 42; assign test_ram_buffer_last = test_ram_buffer_long[10];

There will be now in test_ram_buffer_long in object list, but assignment of test_ram_buffer_last will works fine.

The problem doesn't depend on packed/unpacked array declaration type

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Can you share the project file or row_buffering_tb.sv file, if possible?

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

Abe
Valued Contributor II

I just tried the same with a simple RAM model and I'm able to view all the mem_buffs in the object browser. Take a look at the screenshot

mem_code.JPG

Same with mem_buff3 size 4096x20

mem_code1.JPG