Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Questa Sim Licensing - cannot proceed MSCVR120.dll

TMayd
Novice

Hi,

I have just installed quartus prime standard 21.1 and am trying to use Questa Sim. I have downloaded the license and pointed to it in my environmental variables per the previous advice for this. I do not see it as one of the chosen licenses I only have:
license_error.png

I have a quartus license and have generated the other license. Also I am using a computer on a companion license to my primary machine. 

When I try to open questa I get the error:
"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120. was not found. reinstalling the program may fix the problem."

I have tried reinstalling questa, downloading the visual studio stuff, and am still getting this issue. Not sure where to go next.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. An error code (MSVCR120.dll is missing) usually happens when an application on Windows is missing. You can try the methods below and see if they can help.

1) Reboot your computer

2) Run your application as administrator

3) Reinstall your application

4) Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)

5) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

6) Update your Windows

7) Run check disk

Switch to ChromeOS

Here something that I think might be useful https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/best-solutions-to-fix-msvcr120-dll-is-missing-in-windows/#:~:text=Fix%202%3A%20Reinstall%20the%20Visual%20C%2B%2B%20Redistributable%20Packages&text=dll%20file%20belongs%20to%20the,download%20the%20packages%20from%20Microsoft

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. An error code (MSVCR120.dll is missing) usually happens when an application on Windows is missing. You can try the methods below and see if they can help.

1) Reboot your computer

2) Run your application as administrator

3) Reinstall your application

4) Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)

5) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

6) Update your Windows

7) Run check disk

Switch to ChromeOS

Here something that I think might be useful https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/best-solutions-to-fix-msvcr120-dll-is-missing-in-windows/#:~:text=Fix%202%3A%20Reinstall%20the%20Visual%20C%2B%2B%20Redistributable%20Packages&text=dll%20file%20belongs%20to%20the,download%20the%20packages%20from%20Microsoft

0 Kudos
TMayd
Novice

Step 4 worked to fix the missing .dll thank you! 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos