Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

QuestaSim (Intel Starter) : Bad default binding for component instance "ALTLVDS_RX_component

Steve-534B46
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a description containing the ALTLVDS_RX primitive.

I launch the simulation through Tools->Run simulation tool->RTL simulation

When I start the simulator with the following command:

vsim -gui work.hsssb_tb -t 1ps

The compilation stops with the following error:

Error (suppressible): C:/Local_repositories/HSSSB/Data_rx.vhd(128): (vopt-1271) Bad default binding for component instance "ALTLVDS_RX_component: altlvds_rx".
(Component generic "lvds_rx_reg_setting" is not on the entity.)

Could someone help me to find the origin of this error?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Steve,

We have a KDB about this error. Please check on the KDB below and follow the workaround suggested: Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) Unresolved defparam reference to 'lvds_rx_reg_setting' in ALTLVDS_RX_component.lvds_rx_reg_setting

Hopefully this workaround will be able to resolve your issue.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you show the code the error is referencing?

0 Kudos
Steve-534B46
Beginner

Hello,

Here are the files:

• HSSSB.vhd is the top level entity,
  • receiver is a wrapper for the Data_rx entity generated by MegaWizard
  • Data_rx is the ALTLVDS_RX IP customize through MegaWizard

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Steve-534B46
Beginner

Hello,

Despite my research, I can't find the origin of the missing entity "lvds_rx_reg_setting" in my RTL simulation (Component generic "lvds_rx_reg_setting" is not on the entity).

I really don't understand why QuestaSim can't find this generic component. If someone has an idea, I'm interested because I'm not making any progress on my design.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Steve-534B46
Beginner

Hello,

Is someone at Intel able to give an answer to this problem?

Today, my design does not progress because I cannot debug it. Indeed, the simulator can't find one of the entities contained in the ALTLVDS_RX.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Steve,

We have a KDB about this error. Please check on the KDB below and follow the workaround suggested: Error (suppressible): (vsim-10000) Unresolved defparam reference to 'lvds_rx_reg_setting' in ALTLVDS_RX_component.lvds_rx_reg_setting

Hopefully this workaround will be able to resolve your issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos