Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Receiving clock buffer error when compiling in Quartus Prime

MDARG
Beginner

Hi,

for my design I'm using the Intel Transceiver PHY IP Core which I connected to an Ethernet PHY. The 625 MHz input tx_serial_clk for the Transceiver PHY is generated by the Transceiver ATX PLL, which I connected via the ALTCTRL IP to the serial clock input of the Transceiver PHY IP.

So my problem is, when I compile my design I get the following Error message:

ERROR (16765): Clock buffer "Clk625ctrl_i|altclkctrl_0|Clk100ctrl_altclkctrl_181_w5grwea_sub_component|sd1" is incompatible with the required global signal types of its destination ports. Modify your design to change the clock buffer type for the specified signal or the required global signal type of the destination nodes.

I could not find a solution to fix this error and I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I'm using the Intel Quartus 18.1 Pro Edition and developing for the Intel Cyclone 10 GX FPGA.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Mark, As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the serial clock connection from the ATX PLL to the C10GX Native PHY (if I understand it correctly). For your information, it is recommended for you to connect the ATX PLL's serial clock output directly to the serial clock input of the Native PHY without the ALTCTRL IP. There is dedicated clock network from the ATX PLL to the Native PHY. Please let me know if after direct connection you still observe similar error. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos