Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Rookie question on programming with Quartus 15.0.0 free version

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am a former expert in Maxplus maxplus2 quartus, but since laid off in '08, now find i am a rank newb. Anyway, downloaded the free version quartus 15.0.0 to try to get back into the game. I compiled a little cpld pof file and got to the tools>programmer step. I plugged in my USB blaster and get the 'no hardware' message. I click on the hardware setup and seems my only choice is 'ethernet blaster'. 

So is this ethernet blaster my only recourse, or is there some trick to this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have 64 bit OS with 64 bit drivers for USB Blaster?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Do you have 64 bit OS with 64 bit drivers for USB Blaster? 

--- Quote End ---  

probably not. I will see if i can get this driver installed. (this is what happens when one works for giant conglomporations like cisco and motorola where altera bends over backward to help designers with any problems. now surprise! no support after living the spoiled life) thanks for the hint.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please install the USB Blaster driver then only the QII programmer hardware can recognize the download cable attach to the machine. You can refer to link below for the drive installation information: 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/drivers/dri-index.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for the hints and the link. that saved me from screwing around with the wealth of confusing info out on the net. nyusof, your link was right on.

0 Kudos