Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Searching for Cyclone V GX Starter Kit Pin Table documentation

FMCC
New Contributor I

Hello Intel,

Previously my class used a DE2 board to run their circuit designs. I had a PDF copy of a pin table which the students used to select which LED's, switches, etc... to use for their projects. Currently, I have started to use Cyclone V GX Starter Kit and am looking for pin table documentation in pdf format.

Does this exist or are my students supposed to get this from the Pin Planner?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So one big table instead of multiple tables with actual pin descriptions. Not sure what to say here.  You could make a spreadsheet yourself if it must look like this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

All dev kits have reference documentation that includes this info.  Did you check it?

Check for Cyclone V kits here.  I don't see one for GX:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/find-fpga-boards.html#sort=%40title%20ascending&f:facet2=[Cyclone%C2%AE%20V%20FPGAs%20and%20SoC%20FPGAs]

0 Kudos
FMCC
New Contributor I

Hello sstrell,

As can be seen the board is manufactured by terasic. To run the board I'm using Quartus Prime Lite software created by intel. (This is my understanding anyway, two separate companies.) In the terasic web page there is a reference to the Altera Cyclone V GX fpga. (a third company?) This is rather confusing to me. I was able to find the best information from the terasic web site.

The kit that I have ordered is the following:

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=17&No=830&PartNo=1#contents

Selecting 'Resources'

https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=167&No=830&PartNo=4#contents

I downloaded the 'C5G User Manual', and this looks to give the node name but not the location code.  Maybe this information is not in a file, instead the user is to get it from the pin planner with no filter. I find this strange though.

I could not find the documentation from the intel site since I did not find the Cyclone V GX board listed for some reason.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you missing it?  The pin numbers are clearly shown starting on page 29 in that user manual (general user I/O).

0 Kudos
FMCC
New Contributor I

Hello sstrell,

I looked on page 29 in the user manual. (thanks for the reference).

I have attached the document we used in Lab for the prior Cyclone II DE2 board. I'm looking for a similar document for the Cyclone V board. This document was very useful to the students when building circuits. I would think one exists for the Cyclone V board.

Roger

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So one big table instead of multiple tables with actual pin descriptions. Not sure what to say here.  You could make a spreadsheet yourself if it must look like this. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update answer @sstrell. We have not heard from you, if you don’t have any further question, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos