Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16610 Discussions

Setting VCCPD in the Pin Planner or in any other way

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

My problem is that the standard setting of VCCPD for my project is 2.5V and I need to set it for certain banks to 3.3V. I have looked through the pin planner, and the device settings and I haven't found a single setting to change it. 

I need to change it, as I need 3.3V LVCMOS output, which requires 3.3V VCCIO, which in turn requires setting the VCCPD for those banks to 3.3V. 

I know this is a blatant question, but I really haven't found how to do it anywhere. 

Thank you and have a nice day, 

Tibor
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

No, you cannot manually set the VCCPD voltage supply of a particular bank in the Quartus® II design software, since the required VCCPD voltage of a bank is dependent upon it's respective VCCIO. The required VCCPD voltage is derived by the Quartus II design software from the respective VCCIO setting. 

To make a voltage assignment to the VCCIO supply of a bank, you can use the following assignment: 

set_global_assignment -name IOBANK_VCCIO <voltage> -section_id <bank> 

Where <voltage> is the required voltage (e.g. 3.3V) and <bank> is the bank number (e.g. 3C). 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05052011_690.html 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos