Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Signal Tap with clock signal from different partition

yussuf_khalil
Novice

I have a project with a reserved core partition in which I would like to analyze a set of signals. However, the clock signal that is used within that partition originates in the root partition. When trying to use the clock output defined in the root partition as a clock source for Signal Tap, it fails with error 16640 "You cannot tap nodes in different Partial Reconfiguration or Reserved Core regions with the same Signal Tap instance." 

Using the clock input in my reserved core partition instead, I get

Warning(11175): Alt_sld_fab_1.alt_sld_fab_1.alt_sld_fab_1: SLD fabric agents are not connected as there are no hosts 
Error(11176): Alt_sld_fab_1.alt_sld_fab_1: add_instance: Can't create component type altera_sld_agent_endpoint_tieoff 
Error(11176): Alt_sld_fab_1.alt_sld_fab_1.alt_sld_fab_1.auto_signaltap_d2h.clock: auto_signaltap_d2h.clock must be connected to a clock output 

What's the correct to tap signals in a partition where the clock signal stems from a different partition?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You need to add the host and agent SLD JTAG bridge IP in the root and reserved partitions:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683819/22-1/debugging-block-based-designs-with.html

Is your Signal Tap in the root or reserved partition?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You need to add the host and agent SLD JTAG bridge IP in the root and reserved partitions:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683819/22-1/debugging-block-based-designs-with.html

Is your Signal Tap in the root or reserved partition?

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi, does above comment help?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Not sure if you have any update on the below? If no, we shall close this case

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
yussuf_khalil
Novice

Sorry, I've been on vacation. It seems indeed that @sstrell's solution is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos